Healing Haven Guidelines
In order to qualify for financial aid, the animal must be in need of immediate veterinary care for life threatening injury or illness.
The pet’s guardian must meet the following requirements:
1. The guardian must be a resident of Long Island, NY.
2. Has applied for care credit prior to applying to Healing Haven if the veterinarian accepts care credit.
3. Has access to the internet
4. Receives one or more of the following:
- Medicare or state Medicaid
- Unemployment or had been receiving unemployment that is now expired
- Social security as your only income
- Income from a public assistance program
Is mentally challenged, physically challenged, disabled or a senior citizen
Is a 501 (C) (3) rescue group
- Copies of the guardian’s two most recent bank statements
- A copy of the guardian’s most recent federal tax return filed with the IRS or government assistance documentation such as disability income, food stamp letter, or medical aid care.
- A copy of the veterinarian’s estimate for the necessary veterinary care; this must include spaying and neutering of the pet if the pet is undergoing anesthesia for another procedure.
Funds are never allocated directly to the pet’s guardian. They are always sent directly to the treating veterinarian.
Each case is handled on an individual basis and Healing Haven’s board of directors will decide as a group to approve or deny an application.