I have been around dogs all of my life. I have been blessed to have had some amazing companions walk beside me through some really tough times and also share with me some of my happiest moments. Each of my dogs has taught me lessons on how to be a better person. I’d like to share a few of them with you;
- EGO-there’s just no need for it…Life is better without it.
- Be still and observe.
- When the wind blows, put your face towards it and feel it.
- Light up when you see people you care about. Greet them as if you were “wagging your tail”.
- Do not judge. It’s not your job.
- No self loathing. Learn the lesson, feel it, grow from it and do better next time.
- Without self doubt you can overcome anything.
- Find joy in everything that you do. Even if it’s just sitting on the couch with a friend.
- Express your gratitude for this life every chance you get
- Be present.. always
If we could master these few characteristics our dog’s possess just think how unstoppable we would be…